Chinese medicine is primarily used a safe and healthy complementary approach to help with the treatment, prognosis and therapies of health related issues. Chinese medicine focuses on the body’s energy system and balancing Qi. Qi can be translated as energy or life force and flows in a regular pattern through a system of “channels” also known as meridians to all parts of the body.
What are the twelve meridians?
The theory of the twelve meridians deals with the human body’s physiological function changes, pathological changes, and also their relationship with each organ. It is one of the most vital parts of traditional Chinese medicine. Twelve meridians translate into twelve paths, twelve branches, and twelve networks, which run through our body connecting our internal organs with our external body. If a patient’s meridian is abnormal, it will be shown through the electric resistance change from the relative acupuncture points. For example, if the patient’s lung meridian is abnormal, Lung #4 acupuncture point’s electric resistance will change. The change, whether in excess or deficiency, will be detected by the system.
Acupuncture and Qi
What are the twelve important acupuncture points?
There are more than three hundred acupuncture points through the twelve meridians. But in this diagnostic system, we only use the most important twelve points. The twelve acupuncture points represent the twelve meridians. The twelve important points are called the primary acupuncture points, which are found on the wrists and the feet where the majority of the Qi resides.
What is the relationship between meridian system and the nervous system?
According to Oriental Medicine, the internal organs and our external body are connected by the meridians. That’s how the acupuncture points on the body surface are connected with the organs. According to Western Medicine, the internal organs and our external bodies are connected by nerves; therefore, we know there are close relationships between meridians and nerves.
What are the differences between newvita herbal formulas and other traditional herbal formulas?
|newvita Herbal Formula||Other Chinese Herbal Formulas|
|High improvement rate the conditions get better in a short period of 3-14 days for many formulas.||Low improvement rate|
Why are newvita herbal formulas so different from other traditional herbal formulas?
All of new vita’s herbal formulas are prepared according to the proprietary methods that have been developed over twenty years of clinical research, using both Oriental and Western techniques.
What are the proprietary methods Dr. Luke has developed?
As we all know, a balanced diet plays a key role in people’s health.
God created everything in the world. For example, he created every kind of food such as vegetable and fruits to keep us healthy. But we tend to choose the food that only satisfies our taste buds. Many of us prefer white bread over wheat bread. We also like sweets, instead of food that is bitter. Because of the deficiency of certain nutrients in our body, we suffer from different kinds of illness. Through twenty years of my research, I have discovered that some herbs can provide nutrients that people are lack of, but they might not be able to get from vitamins and their diet. As a result, I have developed a line of herbal supplements: newvita®. Along with the Meridian Energy Analysis System, we can diagnose illnesses and prescribe appropriate new vita® herbal supplements in one step.
How do you locate the twelve primary acupuncture points?
On both hands:
- Lung 9 / Tai Yuan
- Pericardium 7 / Da Ling
- Heart 7 / Shen Men
- Small Intestine 4 / Wan Gu
- Sanjiao 4 / Yang Chi
- Large Intestine 5 / Yang Xi
On both feet:
- Spleen 3 / Tai Bai
- Liver 3 / Tai Chong
- Kidney 4 / Tai Xi
- Bladder 65 / Shu Gu
- Gall Bladder 40 / Qiu Xu
- Stomach 42 / Chong Yang
1.LU 9 2. PC 73. HT 7
- LU 9 is located at the radial end of the transverse crease of the wrist and in the depression on the lateral side of the radial artery.
- PC 7 is located in the middle of the transverse crease of the wrist, between the tendons of the m. palmaris longus and m. flexor carpi radialis.
- HT 7 is at the ulnar end of the transverse crease of the wrist, in the depression on the radial side of the tendon of m. flexor carpi ulnaris.
4. SI 4 5. TE 4 6. LI 5
- SI 4 is located on the ulnar end of the back of the hand, in the depression between the base of the fifth metacarpal bone and the triquetral bone.
- TE 4 is located on the transverse crease of the dorsum of the wrist and in the depression lateral to the tendon of m. extensor digitorum communis. Or on the palm, TE 4 is in the depression at the point on the transverse crease of the wrist dorsum crossed with the vertical interstice between the third and fourth metacarpal bones.
- LI 5 is located on the radial side of the back of the hand at the wrist. When the thumb is tilted upward, it is in the depression between the tendons of m. extensor pollicis longus and brevis.
1.SP 3 2. LR 3 3. KI 3
- SP 3 is located on the medial side of the big toe, in the depression proximal and inferior to the first metatarsodigital joint and the junction of the red and white skin.
- LR 3 is located on the dorsum of foot, in the depression distal to the junction of the first and second metatarsal bones.
- KI 3 is located on the medial side of the foot, posterior to the medial malleolus and in the depression between the medial malleolus and tendo calcaneus.
4. BL 65 5.GB 40 6. ST 42
- BL 65 is located lateral to the foot, posterior to the head of the fifth metatarsal bone and at the junction of the red and white skin.
- GB 40 is located anterior and inferior to the external malleolus, in the depression on the lateral side of the tendon of m. extensor digitorum longus.
- ST 42 is located on the prominence of the foot dorsum, in the depression between the second and third metatarsal bones and the cuneiform bone and at the pulsating point of the artery on the dorsum of foot.
For Chinese Medicine Practitioners
Meridian Energy Analysis
What is Meridian Energy Analysis System?
It is a type of integrated analysis method which combines modern technology and Chinese Medicine. We use the computer to detect a patient’s response in electric resistance from the acupuncture points and to analyze the energy flow through the patient’s twelve meridians.
How accurate is the Meridian Energy Analysis System?
Western diagnosis methods such as blood tests, EKG, x-rays, ultrasounds, CT, MRI, nuclear medicine scans, and various scopes etc. can only diagnose 40% of a patient’s illness, the other 60% left undetected. Ever since the Meridian Energy Analysis System was invented, the new method allows us to discover 40% out of the 60% of patients’ illness and health conditions undetected by the conventional diagnosis. After the diagnosis, the system will suggest proper herbal formulas which will be most beneficial to the patient. The results of the herbal supplements can be noticed in a short period of 3 to 14 days for many cases.
Why the Meridian Energy Analysis System proved to be accurate in monitoring results?
I have chosen forty patients and conducted a study in my clinic. They suffered from different kinds of symptoms, such as fatigue, etc. During their initial visits, I applied meridian energy analysis on each patient and prescribed the proper herbal formulas suggested by the system. After the patients took the herbs for 2 to 45 days, 90% of them felt that their conditions had been improved. However, 10% of them have not experienced significant improvement. I used the System again to check the treatment results and found out that 82.5% of the forty patients had actually improved in their condition, 7.5% remained the same, and the other 10% got worse.
Among the 10% of patients whose conditions had worsened according to the results, I asked each of them if there were any changes in their habits, stress and other conditions before taking the second test. Each told me that they had either just eaten a big meal, driven for a long period of time, had a lack of sleep the night before, caught a cold, drank more cups of coffee that day, etc. I have concluded that their reports were not accurate due to the above circumstances.
When is the best time to apply the Meridian Energy Analysis, so that we may compare the results accurately?
According to the theory of the meridian, there is a close relationship between the time clock and each meridian. Therefore, it will be more accurate to apply meridian energy analysis at the same time of the day as the previous diagnosis. For example, in the first study, if you check your patient at 2 p.m. , the second diagnosis should be conducted at 1:00 to 3:00 PM .
As to when is the best time to check your patient again?
As soon as your patient feels better.
Also it is very important that you should compare the results under the same conditions. Do not use a report in comparison if the patient had flu, drank alcohol, coffee, tea, or had just exercised or eaten 30 minutes before the test. The result will not be accurate.